Swiss Ham Kabobs
With melty cheese, juicy pineapple and salty ham, it's no surprise my daughter requests my kabobs on her May birthday. They're a fantastic way to get into grilling season. —Helen Phillips, Horseheads, New York
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set pineapple aside.
- In a small bowl, mix marmalade, mustard, cloves and reserved
- pineapple juice. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers,
- alternately thread ham, cheese, pineapple and, if desired, green
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub
- on rack to coat lightly. Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat
- or broil 4 in. from heat 5-7 minutes or until heated through,
- turning and basting frequently with marmalade sauce. Serve with
- remaining sauce. Yield: 4 servings.