Swiss Ham Kabobs Recipe
With melty cheese, juicy pineapple and salty ham, it's no surprise my daughter requests my kabobs on her May birthday. They're a fantastic way to get into grilling season. —Helen Phillips, Horseheads, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces, optional
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, mix marmalade, mustard, cloves and reserved pineapple juice. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread ham, cheese, pineapple and, if desired, green pepper.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-7 minutes or until heated through, turning and basting frequently with marmalade sauce. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC