Swiss Creamed Peas Recipe
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss Cheese
- 3 cups cooked peas
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in flour and salt until blended; gradually add the cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add peas; cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 417 calories, 32g fat (20g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 539mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 6g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Swiss Creamed Peas
"I happened to have peas and swiss cheese in my refrigerator, and the combination sounded good so I was happy to find this recipe. I used low fat milk instead of heavy cream to cut down on fat & calories. Turned out great!"