Swiss Creamed Peas Recipe
A creamy cheese sauce turns ordinary peas into a succulent side dish. I make this quite often for family gatherings, and it's always well received. —Lin Carr, West Seneca, New York
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss Cheese
- 3 cups cooked peas
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in flour and salt until blended; gradually add the cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add peas; cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 417 calories, 32 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 539 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Swiss Creamed Peas
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC