A creamy cheese sauce turns ordinary peas into a succulent side dish. I make this quite often for family gatherings, and it's always well received. —Lin Carr, West Seneca, New York
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss Cheese
- 3 cups cooked peas
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in flour and salt until blended; gradually add the cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add peas; cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Swiss Creamed Peas in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p147
Reviews for Swiss Creamed Peas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2014
"I happened to have peas and swiss cheese in my refrigerator, and the combination sounded good so I was happy to find this recipe. I used low fat milk instead of heavy cream to cut down on fat & calories. Turned out great!"