Have a St. Patty’s encore! This one-pot meal from our Test Kitchen combines Irish favorites, like corned beef and potatoes, to create a satisfying dish. Leftovers never tasted better!
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces cooked corned beef brisket, chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the potatoes, broth, carrots, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in corned beef and parsley; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Swiss Corned Beef Hash in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p53
Reviews for Swiss Corned Beef Hash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review