Swiss Cobb Salad Recipe
- 8 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1/2 pound sliced deli roast beef, cut into strips
- 1/4 pound cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a serving bowl, layer the lettuce, roast beef, ham, tomato, eggs, bacon and cheese. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Serve with the salad. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (2 cups) equals 531 calories, 42 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 171 mg cholesterol, 922 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.