Swiss Cobb Salad
Topped with ham, roast beef, bacon and other fixings, this hearty salad has an excellent blend of flavors. A from-scratch vinaigrette adds the refreshing final touch.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1/2 pound sliced deli roast beef, cut into strips
- 1/4 pound cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a serving bowl, layer the lettuce, roast beef, ham, tomato, eggs,
- bacon and cheese. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the
- dressing ingredients; shake well. Serve with the salad. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 cups) equals 531 calories, 42 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 171 mg cholesterol, 922 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.