Topped with ham, roast beef, bacon and other fixings, this hearty salad has an excellent blend of flavors. A from-scratch vinaigrette adds the refreshing final touch.
- 8 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1/2 pound sliced deli roast beef, cut into strips
- 1/4 pound cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, chopped
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a glass serving bowl, layer the first seven ingredients. Place dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Serve with salad. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Swiss Cobb Salad in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p7
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Swiss Cobb Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2016
"I decreased the amount of oil in the dressing, and it was excellent and easy to make."