Swiss Chicken Supreme Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices (1 ounce each) Swiss cheese
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 50 crackers)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1. Place the chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with minced onion, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Top each with a slice of cheese.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream and water; pour over chicken. Toss the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and crumbs are golden. Yield: 4 servings.
1/4 pound: 870 calories, 59g fat (29g saturated fat), 187mg cholesterol, 2174mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 39g protein
Reviews for Swiss Chicken Supreme
"I thought this recipe was very good, I love swiss cheese. It was pretty easy. I would probably cut back a little on the sauce, it was a bit too much, but very good."
"not sure how this is light"
"This recipe is so easy. Our family loves it. The only thing I do differently is not to use the salt since the soup and crackers has enough. I realize there is a Makeover of this recipe but why? For me, personally I just eat one serving and enjoy it immensely."
"Very quick and easy to prepare. Your family will love this. Lick the plate I think he said. "
"This was absolutely delicious! Everyone loved it!"
"you could, or what my family does is make extra sauce to put on top of noodles/pasta/veggies, etc you make on the side."
"Awesome chicken; i think that I could cut down and just use 1 can of cream of chicken soup."