Swiss Chicken Supreme
Smothered in a thick sauce and topped with buttery cracker crumbs, this entree is a hit whenever Stephanie Bell serves it. “Everyone requests the recipe,” she writes from Kaysville, Utah. “I’ve tried to lighten it up, but I can’t replicate the flavor. Any help would be appreciated.” To see how we trimmed down Stephanie's dish, pick up the Dec/Jan 2006 issue of Light & Tasty magazine.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices (1 ounce each) Swiss cheese
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 50 crackers)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Place the chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle
- with minced onion, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Top each with a
- slice of cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream and water; pour over
- chicken. Toss the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until chicken
- juices run clear and crumbs are golden. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 870 calories, 59 g fat (29 g saturated fat), 187 mg cholesterol, 2,174 mg sodium,