Swiss Chicken Supreme Recipe
Smothered in a thick sauce and topped with buttery cracker crumbs, this entree is a hit whenever Stephanie Bell serves it. “Everyone requests the recipe,” she writes from Kaysville, Utah. “I’ve tried to lighten it up, but I can’t replicate the flavor. Any help would be appreciated.” To see how we trimmed down Stephanie's dish, pick up the Dec/Jan 2006 issue of Light & Tasty magazine.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices (1 ounce each) Swiss cheese
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 50 crackers)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1. Place the chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with minced onion, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Top each with a slice of cheese.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream and water; pour over chicken. Toss the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and crumbs are golden. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 870 calories, 59 g fat (29 g saturated fat), 187 mg cholesterol, 2,174 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 39 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC