- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices (1 ounce each) Swiss cheese
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 50 crackers)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Place the chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with minced onion, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Top each with a slice of cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream and water; pour over chicken. Toss the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and crumbs are golden. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Swiss Chicken Supreme
"I thought this recipe was very good, I love swiss cheese. It was pretty easy. I would probably cut back a little on the sauce, it was a bit too much, but very good."
"not sure how this is light"
"This was absolutely delicious! Everyone loved it!"
"you could, or what my family does is make extra sauce to put on top of noodles/pasta/veggies, etc you make on the side."