Swiss Chicken Rolls Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup marsala wine or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; place one cheese and prosciutto slice down the center of each. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; secure with toothpicks.
- 2. In a small skillet, brown chicken in butter and oil on all sides; transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- 3. In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add wine. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Discard toothpicks from chicken rolls; serve with sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken roll with 2 tablespoons sauce (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 421 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 367 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.