- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Marsala wine or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; place one cheese and prosciutto slice down the center of each. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; secure with toothpicks.
- In a small skillet, brown chicken in butter and oil on all sides; transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add wine. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Discard toothpicks from chicken rolls; serve with sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Swiss Chicken Rolls
"This was so good and not hard to make!! My husband loved it. The sauce is amazing!!"
"Easy and with a great taste - with or without the marsala"
"THIS WAS VERY GOOD. MY WHOLE FAMILY ENJOYED IT."