Swiss Chicken Rolls Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup marsala wine or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; place one cheese and prosciutto slice down the center of each. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; secure with toothpicks.
- In a small skillet brown chicken in butter and oil on all sides; transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, saute onion and garlic until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add wine. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Discard toothpicks from chicken rolls; serve with sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Swiss Chicken Rolls(3)
Sort By :
This was so good and not hard to make!! My husband loved it. The sauce is amazing!!
Easy and with a great taste - with or without the marsala
THIS WAS VERY GOOD. MY WHOLE FAMILY ENJOYED IT.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Ham >
- Baking Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >