I try to keep the ingredients for this creamy casserole on hand for last-minute meals. Whenever I serve this a family dinners and potlucks, it's well-received.
Recommended: 99 of Our Favorite Chicken Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (7 ounces) thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a large bowl, combine the spaghetti, spinach, cream, 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with chicken, Swiss cheese, mushrooms and bacon.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta, onion and garlic; spread over chicken. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Swiss Chicken Bake in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p75
Reviews forSwiss Chicken Bake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 18, 2010
"This dish was not for us. It was not creamy, and I am sorry that I wasted so many ingredients and lots of time on this casserole. Seriously, we are ordering out. Sorry."