- 1 package (7 ounces) thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a large bowl, combine the spaghetti, spinach, cream, 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with chicken, Swiss cheese, mushrooms and bacon.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta, onion and garlic; spread over chicken. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Swiss Chicken Bake
"This dish was not for us. It was not creamy, and I am sorry that I wasted so many ingredients and lots of time on this casserole. Seriously, we are ordering out. Sorry."