Swiss Cheese Souffle Recipe
Angela Sansom from New York, New York sends this special souffle sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. Eat this savory sensation right from the baking dish if you wish.
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. Butter the bottom and sides of a 1-cup round baking dish with 1/2 teaspoon butter. Sprinkle buttered surface with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese; set aside. In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Add chives and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount into egg yolk; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Transfer to a bowl; set aside. In a bowl, beat egg white until stiff peaks form; fold half into yolk mixture. Fold in Swiss cheese, then remaining egg white. Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving (1 each) equals 439 calories, 33 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 297 mg cholesterol, 515 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC