Swiss Cheese Potatoes Recipe
You’ll find a dish like this in German-Swiss restaurants, but it’s super simple to pull together at home. —Wolfgang Hanau, West Palm Beach, Florida
- 8 large potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 4 pounds)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes and 1 teaspoon salt in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add celery and onion; cook 10-15 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Drain; transfer to a large bowl.
- 2. Mash potato mixture, gradually adding 3/4 cup cheese, milk, butter, pepper and remaining salt. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking pan; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Swiss Cheese Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC