Swiss Cheese Mushroom Bread
This recipe doctors up store-bought bread into a wonderful, tasty mini loaf. You can pull it apart into bite-size pieces.
More Mushroom Bread Recipes »
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 Vienna or Hoagie roll (6 to 8 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon minced dried onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Swiss cheese
- Cut bread diagonally into 1-in. slices to within 1/2 in. of bottom
- loaf. Repeat cuts in opposite direction. In a bowl, combine the
- butter, poppy seeds, onion, mustard, salt and lemon juice. Drizzle
- over cut bread and into cut slits. Place mushrooms and cheese in
- slits. Wrap bread in foil. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or
- until warmed. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 246 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 402 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.