Swiss Cheese Mushroom Bread Recipe
- 1 Vienna or Hoagie roll (6 to 8 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon minced dried onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. Cut bread diagonally into 1-in. slices to within 1/2 in. of bottom loaf. Repeat cuts in opposite direction. In a bowl, combine the butter, poppy seeds, onion, mustard, salt and lemon juice. Drizzle over cut bread and into cut slits. Place mushrooms and cheese in slits. Wrap bread in foil. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until warmed. Yield: 2 servings.
1 piece: 246 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 402mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Swiss Cheese Mushroom Bread
"I have made this recipwithout the mushrooms and loved it but with the added flavor of the mushrooms It is a winner -major thumbs up"
"I have been making this recipe for over 20 years and it never fails to get rave reviews. It is a little time consuming to make but is so worth the effort. I make it about every other year for our Christmas round robin get together, and it makes it so memorable. Be sure to call your local bakery ahead of time to reserve an unsliced loaf of the bread, when planning on making it!"