Swiss Cheese Muffins
Ideal as a snack, a quick breakfast or alongside a bowl of chili or stew, these tasty muffins hit the spot. Their mild flavors make them a hit with all ages. —Mary E. Relyea, Canastota, New York
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda. In
- another bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream and oil. Stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cheese and onions.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill
- three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes
- or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5
- minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield:
- 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin equals 157 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.