Swiss Cheese Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cheese and onions.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Swiss Cheese Muffins(4)
Sort By :
I thought these were pretty good, but my husband didn't care for them, and he will eat almost anything. My 14 year old son ate one with dinner, but said it was just okay. I will also add the batter was really, really dry so I added a little more milk, and they took a lot longer to cook than the recipe called for. The toothpick was clean but you could just tell they weren't done, so I kept baking them and checking every couple minutes. I bet they took about 24 minutes! The texture was very different, but possibly because I'm not used to a savory muffin and was expecting something different. The texture on mine didn't look like the one in the picture, mine was denser and looked more like a muffin and was very moist.
yes, 1/3 cup of buttermilk added to wet ingredients makes the batter much easier to work with and gives an awesome extra kick!
Is there something missing in this recipe, I found the batter to be very dry, I added some milk as most of my recipes call for, will let you know how they turned out.
The muffins were very good. They were moist and flavorful and gone in no time!
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Muffin Recipes >
- Muffins >