Swiss Cheese Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces each) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, tomato paste, salt, rosemary and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer a third of the meat sauce, noodles and Swiss cheese. Repeat layers. Top with cottage cheese and the remaining Swiss cheese, noodles and sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 275 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 596 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.