Swiss Cheese Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces each) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, tomato paste, salt, rosemary and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer a third of the meat sauce, noodles and Swiss cheese. Repeat layers. Top with cottage cheese and the remaining Swiss cheese, noodles and sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 275 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 596mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Swiss Cheese Lasagna
"I enjoy making and baking new and unique lasagna recipes. I love how the three cheeses go together with the meat sauce. I may add a 1/2 pound of Italian sausage to the ground beef next time I make it."
"This recipe required the ingredients that I had in my house. That is the main reason I chose to try it. I took the advice of other reviewers and cut back on the salt. We thought it tasted just fine. I would make it again!"
"I found this recipe to be bland, too salty and not worth the time,effort and money to ever make again. YUK"
"The lasagna had a good flavor, but way too salty. I cut the salt down to 1 teaspoon, but felt it could be cut down more."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.