Swiss Cheese Fondue Recipe
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 2 cups white wine, chicken broth or unsweetened apple juice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 7 cups (28 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cubed French bread
- 1. Rub garlic clove over the bottom and sides of a fondue pot; discard garlic and set fondue pot aside. In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, bring 1-3/4 cups wine and nutmeg to a simmer. Gradually add cheese, stirring after each addition until cheese is melted (cheese will separate from wine).
- 2. Combine cornstarch and remaining wine until smooth; gradually stir into cheese mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and mixture is blended and smooth. Transfer to prepared fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with bread cubes. Yield: about 4 cups.
1/4 cup: 206 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Swiss Cheese Fondue
"Not happy with this recipe - the cheese seized up and was basically unusable. It spoiled out fondue night!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.