Swiss Cheese Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices Swiss cheese, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, pepper and salt. Place a piece of cheese on each piece of chicken; tuck in ends and roll up. Secure with toothpicks. Roll in flour mixture.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, brown roll-ups in butter on each side over medium heat. Stir in the broth, wine or additional broth and oregano; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove toothpicks before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
2 each: 383 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 626mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 55g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 6 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Swiss Cheese Chicken
"Very good, and very moist and tender. I was worried the chicken would toughen-up or dry out while simmering uncovered, but it turned out just great! -Lori in WI."
"Excellent recipe. I found it was better to cover the pan when simmering."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.