Nicole Pickett of Oro Valley, Arizona tucks a little cheese into tender chicken cutlets, then tops them with a savory sauce. TIP: "I like to serve this with a four-bean salad, then finish up with a pineapple dessert for a meal in minutes," Nicole notes.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices Swiss cheese, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, pepper and salt. Place a piece of cheese on each piece of chicken; tuck in ends and roll up. Secure with toothpicks. Roll in flour mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown roll-ups in butter on each side over medium heat. Stir in the broth, wine or additional broth and oregano; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove toothpicks before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Swiss Cheese Chicken in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p41
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Swiss Cheese Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review