Swiss Cheese Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices Swiss cheese, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, pepper and salt. Place a piece of cheese on each piece of chicken; tuck in ends and roll up. Secure with toothpicks. Roll in flour mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown roll-ups in butter on each side over medium heat. Stir in the broth, wine or additional broth and oregano; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove toothpicks before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Swiss Cheese Chicken
Sort By :
Very good, and very moist and tender. I was worried the chicken would toughen-up or dry out while simmering uncovered, but it turned out just great! -Lori in WI.
Excellent recipe. I found it was better to cover the pan when simmering.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >