Swiss Cheese Canape Cups
Guests will think you spent hours making these impressive-looking canapes. You don't have to tell them they're actually easy to prepare! Horseradish and mustard give these bite-size snacks a little zip.
— Carol Harkings, Casper, Wyoming
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 slices sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Cut each slice of bread into four squares. Press squares into greased
- miniature muffin cups. In a bowl, combine the butter, parsley,
- horseradish and mustard. Stir in cheese. Add egg white; mix well.
- Place about 3/4 teaspoonful in each bread cup.
- Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until filling is set and edges of
- bread are golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Editor;s Note: Baked cheese cups may be frozen for up to 4 months. Thaw in the refrigerator. Place on ungreased baking sheets and bake at 350° for 4-6 minutes or until heated through.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 135 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.