Swiss Cheese Bread Recipe
This bread will receive rave reviews, whether you serve it as an appetizer or with a meal. For real convenience, you can make it ahead of time and freeze it!
- 1 loaf (18-20 inches) French bread
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons dehydrated parsley flakes
- 1. Trim top and side crusts from bread, leaving bottom crust intact. Make diagonal cuts, 1 in. thick, through the bread but not through the bottom. Combine all remaining ingredients. Spread half the butter mixture between bread slices. Spread remaining mixture over top and sides of bread.
- 2. Place bread in foil boat; cover loosely with another sheet of foil. Bake at 425° for 20-30 minutes. For last 5 minutes, remove foil to allow bread to brown. Yield: 18-24 servings.
1 piece: 154 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Swiss Cheese Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC