Swiss Cheese Bread
This bread will receive rave reviews, whether you serve it as an appetizer or with a meal. For real convenience, you can make it ahead of time and freeze it!
18-24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 loaf (18-20 inches) French bread
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons dehydrated parsley flakes
- Trim top and side crusts from bread, leaving bottom crust intact.
- Make diagonal cuts, 1 in. thick, through the bread but not through
- the bottom. Combine all remaining ingredients. Spread half the
- butter mixture between bread slices. Spread remaining mixture over
- top and sides of bread.
- Place bread in foil boat; cover loosely with another sheet of foil.
- Bake at 425° for 20-30 minutes. For last 5 minutes, remove foil
- to allow bread to brown. Yield: 18-24 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 154 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.