- 1 loaf (18-20 inches) French bread
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons dehydrated parsley flakes
- Cut bread in half. Make diagonal cuts, 1 in. thick, through bread but not through bottom. Combine all remaining ingredients. Spread half the butter mixture between bread slices. Spread remaining mixture over top and sides of bread.
- Place bread in foil boats; cover loosely with more foil. Bake at 425° for 20-30 minutes. For last 5 minutes, remove foil to allow bread to brown. Yield: 18-24 servings.
Originally published as Swiss Cheese Bread in Country Extra September 1990, p49
Reviews for Swiss Cheese Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review