Swiss Cheese 'n' Onion Quiche Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Spread 1 tablespoon butter over bottom of pastry shell; set aside. In a skillet, saute onion in remaining butter until tender. Spread in pastry shell. Toss Swiss cheese with flour; sprinkle over onion. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and salt. Pour evenly over cheese.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 338 calories, 24 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.