Swiss Cheese 'n' Onion Quiche Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Spread 1 tablespoon butter over bottom of pastry shell; set aside. In a skillet, saute onion in remaining butter until tender. Spread in pastry shell. Toss Swiss cheese with flour; sprinkle over onion. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and salt. Pour evenly over cheese.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 338 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, trace fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Swiss Cheese 'n' Onion Quiche
"Add a pinch of baking soda after the onions are softened and they'll caramelize quickly, making an even deeper flavor. The highlight of my Mother's Day Brunch!"
"Great recipe! I just served this to company this morning. Made two; added bacon to the first and bacon, green pepper, and mushrooms to the second. I also used fat free half and half. I will definitely make this again for company."