- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 bunches Swiss chard, coarsely chopped (about 16 cups)
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add vinegar, stirring to loosen any browned bits from pot. Add remaining ingredients; cook 4-6 minutes or until chard is tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Swiss Chard with Onions & Garlic
"Wow, so good! I had Cabernet balsamic vinegar on hand so I used that. Cut in half for hubby and me. quick, easy and yummy!"
"This is an excellent side dish and very bulky and delicious."
"This was so delicious and fresh-tasting! LOVED the walnuts in it!!!"
"Really tasty and beautiful. We omitted the walnuts due to an allergy, but it was so good even without them. The whole family enjoyed it, and I found it quick and easy to make on a busy weeknight. Will definitely make again."