Swiss Chard Bundles Recipe
- 1 bunch Swiss chard
- 3 medium potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook Swiss chard in boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Drain and pat dry. Cut out the thick vein from the bottom of eight leaves, making a V-shaped cut; set aside. (Refrigerate remaining Swiss chard for another use.)
- 2. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the wine, oregano and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil; set aside.
- 4. Drain potatoes and mash. Stir in the wine mixture, sour cream, grated Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Overlapping cut ends of leaves, place about 1/3 cup potato mixture on each leaf. Fold in sides. Roll up completely to enclose filling.
- 5. Place seam side down in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with tomatoes and shredded Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until Swiss chard is tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 143 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Swiss Chard Bundles
"These bundles are so yummy! Really you should try them!"