Swiss Cashew Tossed Salad Recipe
Along with crunchy cashews and strips of Swiss cheese, a sweet-and-tangy poppy seed dressing makes this tossed salad something special. There are seldom any leftovers when I serve it! -DiAnne Mallehan, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- Dash salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 medium bunch romaine, torn
- 1 cup salted cashew halves
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, julienned
- 1. In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard, onion and salt; cover and process until well blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. In a salad bowl, combine the romaine, cashews and Swiss cheese; serve with dressing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 397 calories, 33 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC