Swiss Cashew Tossed Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- Dash salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 medium bunch romaine, torn
- 1 cup salted cashew halves
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, julienned
- 1. In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard, onion and salt; cover and process until well blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. In a salad bowl, combine the romaine, cashews and Swiss cheese; serve with dressing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 397 calories, 33g fat (6g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Swiss Cashew Tossed Salad
"This salad is wonderful! If I'm out of swiss I use parmesan and it's just as good!"
"Everyone loves this salad! Sometimes I sub. Sunflower seeds for the cashews."
"This is a delicious salad. My family loves it. The dressing is plentiful, so I use it on other salads, too.My family calls me the 'salad Queen" because I'm always asked to bring the salad for family gatherings. Thanks TOH for the great recipes! I've never had a bad experience with salad recipes from TOH."