Swiss Cashew Tossed Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- Dash salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 medium bunch romaine, torn
- 1 cup salted cashew halves
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, julienned
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard, onion and salt; cover and process until well blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. In a salad bowl, combine the romaine, cashews and Swiss cheese; serve with dressing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Swiss Cashew Tossed Salad
Sort By :
This salad is wonderful! If I'm out of swiss I use parmesan and it's just as good!
Everyone loves this salad! Sometimes I sub. Sunflower seeds for the cashews.
This salad is excellent. It is a family favorite. I use shredded parmesan cheese (not grated) and add craisins and thin-sliced red onion. The dressing really enhances the salad.
Hands down the most popular salad requested to make!! The dressing makes this salad- we nicknamed this "Jeff's salad" because my brother literally could drink the dressing, its so yummy. Easy to make, i like the offsetting of cheese and cashews with the tangy dressing.
My mom has made this for years and it's great! Double the recipe for a dinner over 10 people.