Swiss Cashew Tossed Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- Dash salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 medium bunch romaine, torn
- 1 cup salted cashew halves
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, julienned
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard, onion and salt; cover and process until well blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. In a salad bowl, combine the romaine, cashews and Swiss cheese; serve with dressing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Swiss Cashew Tossed Salad(6)
Sort By :
Everyone loves this salad! Sometimes I sub. Sunflower seeds for the cashews.
This salad is excellent. It is a family favorite. I use shredded parmesan cheese (not grated) and add craisins and thin-sliced red onion. The dressing really enhances the salad.
Hands down the most popular salad requested to make!! The dressing makes this salad- we nicknamed this "Jeff's salad" because my brother literally could drink the dressing, its so yummy. Easy to make, i like the offsetting of cheese and cashews with the tangy dressing.
My mom has made this for years and it's great! Double the recipe for a dinner over 10 people.
This is a delicious salad. My family loves it. The dressing is plentiful, so I use it on other salads, too.
My family calls me the 'Salad Queen" because I'm always asked to bring the salad for family gatherings. Thanks TOH for the great recipes! I've never had a bad experience with salad recipes from TOH.