This recipe is a favorite because it isn't greasy like other cheese breads I have tried. It will not last long! —Debi Wallace, Chestertown, New York
- 4 ounces Jarlsberg or Swiss cheese
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Divide cheese in half. Cut half of cheese into 1/4-inch cubes; shred remaining cheese. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper. Stir beer into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Drizzle with butter. Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Originally published as Swiss Beer Bread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p129
Reviews for Swiss Beer Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review