This creamy, comforting potato side dish has been a family favorite since my daughter got the recipe from a friend a dozen years ago. It's easy to fix using frozen hash browns.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 package (26 ounces) frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients; pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until golden brown.
- Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 329 calories, 27 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.