Swiss-Bacon Spinach Tartlets Recipe
I developed this recipe as a way to entice my husband to eat spinach. When I first made the tarts for Christmas, they disappeared within minutes. Guests were surprised when I told them the key ingredient!Kimberly Carr, Akron, Ohio
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute onion and garlic in drippings until tender.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in the spinach, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and Liquid Smoke if desired; heat through. Stir in the bacon.
- In each tart shell, layer 1 teaspoon of Swiss cheese, 1 tablespoon of spinach mixture and another teaspoon of cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 15 appetizers.
Originally published as Swiss-Bacon Spinach Tartlets in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p10
Reviews for Swiss-Bacon Spinach Tartlets(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >