Swiss Apple Pie
This pie is so quick and easy to fix. You don't have to fuss with a pasty crust...just combine the ingredients and pour into a pie plate.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, sugar and vanilla. Combine the
- flour, baking powder and salt; stir onto egg mixture just until
- moistened. Fold in apples and walnuts. Transfer to a greased 9-in.
- pie plate.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 166 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.