Swiss Angel Hair 'n' Asparagus Recipe
I found this recipe in an old community cookbook that I paid 50 cents for at a garage sale! My husband just loves it!—Michele Cornish, Blairstown, New Jersey
- 12 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and chives in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, seasoning blend and salt; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add the Swiss cheese; cook and stir until melted.
- 3. Drain pasta and place in a large bowl. Add asparagus and cheese sauce; toss to coat. Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup (calculated without Parmesan cheese) equals 267 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC