Swiss Angel Hair 'n' Asparagus Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and chives in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, seasoning blend and salt; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add the Swiss cheese; cook and stir until melted.
- Drain pasta and place in a large bowl. Add asparagus and cheese sauce; toss to coat. Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Swiss Angel Hair 'n' Asparagus(4)
Sort By :
Disappointed, but after following the recipe we found it still rather devoid of flavor. :(
I'm glad I saw this...sounds yummy!
I made this recipe for a side for Easter dinner instead of potatoes and some of my guests who don't like asparagus really enjoyed it and had second helpings! Love this recipe!
Marge; Port Charlotte, FL
This is so yummy, extremely easy/fast to make, and very versatlie! Next time we are going to add some chicken to make it hearty! We will be making this often, even my 1 year old loved it!
More Recipe Collections
- Asparagus Pasta >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Side Dishes >