- 12 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and chives in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, seasoning blend and salt; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add the Swiss cheese; cook and stir until melted.
- Drain pasta and place in a large bowl. Add asparagus and cheese sauce; toss to coat. Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Swiss Angel Hair 'n' Asparagus
Sort By :
I love this recipe! I followed the recipe pretty close but I didn't have a steam basket so I just boiled the asparagus for about 4 minutes to get them tender. For my seasoning I used lemon pepper and some garlic powder. I also tossed in a fresh minced garlic clove right when the mushrooms were about done and I tossed in green onions because I had those fresh and not chives. I also did not have enough milk on hand so I used half milk and half chicken broth. Turned out great! The cheese was pretty sticky and not as smooth like a sauce should be but we still loved it. The flavor of the Swiss cheese was perfect!
This was delicious and flavorful! I made it with 1.5 cups of milk instead and steamed the asparagus in the microwave to save time and dishes. Wonderful! My husband thought the sauce might hold up better on fettuccine rather than angel hair.
Disappointed, but after following the recipe we found it still rather devoid of flavor. :(
I'm glad I saw this...sounds yummy!
I made this recipe for a side for Easter dinner instead of potatoes and some of my guests who don't like asparagus really enjoyed it and had second helpings! Love this recipe!
Marge; Port Charlotte, FL
More Recipe Collections
- Asparagus Pasta >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Side Dishes >