This wonderful vegetable dish, with a touch of curry, has been served in our home for the past decade on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Even folks who say they don't like broccoli or cauliflower enjoy this casserole. It's one of my favorites!
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large saucepan, bring 1-in. of water, cauliflower and broccoli to a boil. Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- In another large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in the cheese, jam, curry, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat.
- Place cauliflower and broccoli in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with cheese sauce. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Swiss-Almond Floret Bake in Taste of Home December/January 2008, p17
Reviews for Swiss-Almond Floret Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review