Swiss 'n' Cheddar Broccoli Soup Recipe
With two varieties of cheese—Swiss and cheddar—this soup is doubly delicious! I'm sure it will become a favorite in your home.
- 4 cups water, divided
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine 3 cups water and bouillon; heat until bouillon is dissolved. Add broccoli; cover and cook over low heat until tender, about 8 minutes. stir in milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Combine flour and remaining water; stir into soup. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3 minutes or until thick and bubbly. Remove from the heat. Add cheeses; stir until melted. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 217 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 744 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Swiss 'n' Cheddar Broccoli Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC