- 4 cups water, divided
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine 3 cups water and bouillon; heat until bouillon is dissolved. Add broccoli; cover and cook over low heat until tender, about 8 minutes. stir in milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Combine flour and remaining water; stir into soup. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3 minutes or until thick and bubbly. Remove from the heat. Add cheeses; stir until melted. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Swiss 'n' Cheddar Broccoli Soup
Sort By :
Tried this recipe because my sister loves making it.... and it is incredible! I only used 3 cups skim milk and pureed it before eating, it was so delicious and the broccoli taste was really fresh.
This was the best swiss and cheddar broccoli soup I've ever made. I've been using it now for more than 2 years and it's my family's favorite.
This needed a whole new approach to make it edible. After you cook the broccoli dump the water. Make a roux on the side with 1/2 cup butter and other ingredients.(omit the water, just milk and spices) Remove from heat and add broccoli to roux, cheese to all. As written it's really bad.