- 4 cups water, divided
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine 3 cups water and bouillon; heat until bouillon is dissolved. Add broccoli; cover and cook over low heat until tender, about 8 minutes. stir in milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Combine flour and remaining water; stir into soup. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3 minutes or until thick and bubbly. Remove from the heat. Add cheeses; stir until melted. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Swiss 'n' Cheddar Broccoli Soup(2)
Sort By :
This was the best swiss and cheddar broccoli soup I've ever made. I've been using it now for more than 2 years and it's my family's favorite.
This needed a whole new approach to make it edible. After you cook the broccoli dump the water. Make a roux on the side with 1/2 cup butter and other ingredients.(omit the water, just milk and spices) Remove from heat and add broccoli to roux, cheese to all. As written it's really bad.