Swiss 'n' Bacon Pizza
My family enjoys this pizza so much, I usually make it as a main course. But when we're invited to various gatherings, I like to serve it as an appetizer.
—Vicki Robers, Stratford, Wisconsin
8-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Split each biscuit into two halves. Press onto a greased 14-in. pizza
- pan, sealing seams. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients;
- spread over crust.
- Bake at 350° for 20-23 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into
- thin wedges. Yield: 8-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 250 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 518 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V
, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now