Swiss 'n' Asparagus Egg Salad Recipe
Whether served alone or on bread, this egg salad from our Test Kitchen will satisfy your hunger. Asparagus, Swiss cheese and ham give ordinary egg salad a tasty twist.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:5 servings
- 8 fresh asparagus,spears, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt to taste
- 10 slices rye bread
- 1. Place 1 in. of water and asparagus in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and cool, In a bowl, combine the asparagus, eggs, cheese, ham, mayonnaise, mustard and salt. Spread on five slices of bread, about 1/2 cup on each; top with the remaining bread. Yield: 5 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC