- 8 fresh asparagus,spears, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt to taste
- 10 slices rye bread
- Place 1 in. of water and asparagus in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and cool, In a bowl, combine the asparagus, eggs, cheese, ham, mayonnaise, mustard and salt. Spread on five slices of bread, about 1/2 cup on each; top with the remaining bread. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Swiss 'n' Asparagus Egg Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p171
Reviews for Swiss 'n' Asparagus Egg Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review