Swiss & Caraway Flatbreads Recipe
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry, optional
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 15x10-in. rectangle. Transfer to two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Using fingertips, press several dimples into dough. In a small bowl, whisk melted butter, oil, onion, mustard, caraway seeds, Worcestershire sauce and, if desired, sherry until blended; brush over dough. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 loaves (16 pieces each).
Reviews for Swiss & Caraway Flatbreads
Sort By :
Oh, my goodness...so good!!! I always make a liverwurst dip during the holidays, and I was unable to find our favorite Rye Triscuits so I decided to try these flatbreads. Thank you Diane Berger! This recipe is definitely a keeper. The flavors went perfectly with the liverwurst. I put the leftovers in the freezer to have with some homemade split pea soup.
Forgot the stars. I would give it a 12 out of 10!
Wonderful flavor! Very easy.
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >
- Vegetarian Appetizers >
- Vegetarian Bread Recipes >
- Vegetarian Finger Foods >