Swirled Sherbet Dessert
“Lemon and orange sherbet are swirled over a coconut-and-pecan crust in this lovely, refreshing dessert,” says Agnes Ward of Stratford, Ontario. It has a tropical kind of appeal on warm, breezy days.
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 pint lemon sherbet, softened
- 1 pint orange sherbet, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs,
- coconut, pecans and butter; press onto the bottom of an ungreased
- 9-in. springform pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Arrange scoops of sherbet over crust, alternating flavors. Cut
- through sherbet with a knife to swirl. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 181 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 86 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.