Swirled Sherbet Dessert Recipe
“Lemon and orange sherbet are swirled over a coconut-and-pecan crust in this lovely, refreshing dessert,” says Agnes Ward of Stratford, Ontario. It has a tropical kind of appeal on warm, breezy days.
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 pint lemon sherbet, softened
- 1 pint orange sherbet, softened
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs, coconut, pecans and butter; press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- 2. Arrange scoops of sherbet over crust, alternating flavors. Cut through sherbet with a knife to swirl. Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 181 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 86 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC