Swirled Raspberry & Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
One secret to a lighter, fluffier cheesecake? Use the foaming power of eggs. When you beat egg whites to stiff peaks and gently fold them into the cream cheese mixture, the eggs add more volume and lightness because of trapped air. This light, fluffy cheesecake is a family favorite. —Brittney Segobiano, Geneseo, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. Bake: 55 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- Additional fresh raspberries, optional
- 1. Separate eggs; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and confectioners' sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place raspberries and sugar in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Strain and discard seeds.
- 3. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk and vanilla. Add egg yolks; beat on low speed just until combined. Remove 1 tablespoon; stir into raspberry puree. Remove half the remaining mixture to another bowl; stir in cooled chocolate.
- 4. In a large bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. With a spatula, fold half the egg whites into chocolate mixture until no white streaks remain. Pour over crust.
- 5. Fold remaining egg whites into plain cream cheese mixture; spread over chocolate layer. Drop raspberry mixture by tablespoonfuls over top; cut through filling with a knife to swirl.
- 6. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to larger pan.
- 7. Bake 55-65 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes; loosen edges from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 8. Remove rim from pan. Serve cheesecake with additional raspberries if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 505 calories, 35 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 157 mg cholesterol, 334 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC