Swirled Potato Bake Recipe
Potato lovers will go crazy for this delicious bake from my mother-in-law. The creamy combination of Yukon Golds and sweet potatoes goes well with poultry or roasts. This recipe tastes great reheated, although leftovers are rare.
- 2-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2-1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups milk, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 20-25 minutes or just until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to place 350°. Place Yukon Gold potatoes in another large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain; mash with 3/4 cup milk, half of the cream cheese and 1 tablespoon butter. Add onions, 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; mix well. Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 3. Drain sweet potatoes; mash with the thyme and remaining milk, cream cheese, butter and salt. Spread over potato mixture. Cut through layers with a knife to swirl. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
3/4 cup equals 369 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 661 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC