Swirled Potato Bake Recipe
- 2-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2-1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups milk, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 20-25 minutes or just until tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to place 350°. Place Yukon Gold potatoes in another large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain; mash with 3/4 cup milk, half of the cream cheese and 1 tablespoon butter. Add onions, 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; mix well. Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Drain sweet potatoes; mash with the thyme and remaining milk, cream cheese, butter and salt. Spread over potato mixture. Cut through layers with a knife to swirl. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Swirled Potato Bake
Sort By :
Years ago a neighbor passed on a recipe, that in some ways, is similiar to this. It's potatoes & carrots cooked in water & a dry onion soup packet. Then they're mashed w/ sour cream & topped with shredded cheddar cheese. It's become a family favorite & none of us are crazy about cooked carrots!
I copied this recipe for future use!
Delicious!! Great to make ahead and serves a lot of people. This recipe is a keeper!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >