Swirled Cinnamon Raisin Bread Recipe
Slices of warm cinnamon bread and a cup of hot tea work wonders for holiday visitors to our home. My mother received this recipe from a friend in West Virginia.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup raisins
- Additional canola oil
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 1/2 cup sugar, oil, salt, eggs and 4 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place or until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Knead 1/2 cup raisins into each; roll each portion into a 15x9-in. rectangle. Brush with additional oil. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- 4. Tightly roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal. Place, seam side down, in two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 5. Preheat oven to 375°. Brush with oil. Bake 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 slice equals 145 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.
Reviews for Swirled Cinnamon Raisin Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC