Pretty swirls of cream cheese and peanut butter dress up a convenient package of cake mix with yummy results in this recipe Cheryl Paulsen sends from Omro, Wisconsin.
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 egg whites
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, water, sour cream and egg whites on medium speed for 2 minutes. Coat a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with cooking spray and dust with flour. Pour batter into pan.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg, sugar, peanut butter and milk until smooth. Drop by tablespoonfuls over batter and swirl with a knife. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p49
Reviews for Swirled Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review