A silky homemade sauce is anything but vanilla when it comes to topping a scoop. These are the touches that make celebrations extra special. —Christina Seremetis, Rockland, Massachusetts
Recommended: 27 Protein Powerhouse Snacks
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 quart fat-free frozen yogurt, softened
- 2-1/2 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the blueberries, sugar and walnuts; let stand for 15 minutes.
- In a large container, layer a third of the frozen yogurt and half of the blueberry mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining frozen yogurt. Swirl mixture; freeze until firm.
- In a small saucepan, combine the chocolate, milk and vanilla. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Serve with frozen yogurt. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Swirled Blueberry Frozen Yogurt in Healthy Cooking April/May 2012, p23
Reviews for Swirled Blueberry Frozen Yogurt
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review